More people are beginning to view their outdoor spaces as an extension of their homes. These current landscaping trends show that people want more out of their yards than just visual appeal.
1 “Green” your landscape with sustainable features such as native and drought-tolerant plants and organic gardening techniques.
2 Pops of vibrant colour in outdoor furniture, cushions, light fixtures and woodwork complement the natural tones of your garden.
3 Enjoy your outdoor spaces longer by covering or installing screens on your deck.
4 A small water feature, such as a small pond or fountain, not only enhances your landscape, it also helps to create a relaxing atmosphere.
5 The yard is fun again with space for popular summer backyard games like Bocce ball and lawn bowling.
Keep your yard in top shape if your home is for sale. A potential buyer may overlook your home if they can’t see past overgrown shrubs and weeds.
Do you mow your lawn the right way?
• Let your mower mulch your clippings. It’s better for your soil, and you’ll save water and reduce your fertilizer costs.
• Keep your mower in top shape. Put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank to keep the carburetor in good condition all year round.
• Edging is so nice, you should do it twice. Use a horizontal cut in those hard-to-reach places and a vertical cut where the lawn meets your sidewalks and flower beds.
• It’s better to water less often but for a longer period of time to allow the roots to fully absorb the water.
A well-landscaped property can add 20% to your home’s value, and has an average return of 100-200% at the time of sale.1 Even if you’re not thinking of selling now, summer is a
great time to spruce up your landscape and make it a place you enjoy spending time.
Click Here for Full Article: Renovate Your Landscape
Exciting 3 plus 1 bedroom, 2 car garage, 4 baths
call us today to view (905) 404-5921
A living room is the most important place in our homes, after all, we spend the maximum time there, relaxing and chilling out with friends and family.
Here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing!
- Enchanting Living Room: Highlight the windows in your living room with floor to ceiling curtains, creating an enchantingly beautiful space. Accent with a silver sofa, two armchairs and a glass coffee table in the middle of the room and finish off the look with some fresh flowers and colourful artwork.
- A Splash of Colour Living Room: Colour contrasts work great in a living room and vibrant colours such as yellow, red, orange and green help remove any tension from within. Along with multi-coloured cushions and orange curtains, place three neutral gray sofas in a “u” shape with a cream ottoman serving as a table in the centre and complete room with an area rug in a brilliant shade of red.
- Comfortable Modern Living Room: A living room needs to be comfortable for you to relax and unwind. A light gray sofa/chaise combination with a mustard yellow armchair and a side and centre table in light wood with small artwork creates a modern yet comfy room to enjoy.
- Contemporary Cute Living Room: A favourite look with many people who like trendy furniture and other accessories that look quite stunning. If you have a fireplace, make that the centre-piece of the room. With a cream coloured sectional sofa w/chaise and a glass coffee table facing the fireplace, move the mocha brown cloth armchair to the corner of the room and place the matching coloured throw on the chaise to create a simple yet smart and attractive space.
- Cozy Living Room: Cozy and warm are two important elements for a living room. Make the room an eclectic mishmash that reflects your family. Choose family favourite colours such as green, brown and blue. A soft blue area rug sets the tone for a beautiful chartreuse green sofa and loveseat along with two coffee brown leather swivel armchairs and sturdy coffee and end tables. Red burlap shades as well as scattered toys compete the look of the room!
- Simple Living Room: Decorate your living room without putting any extravagant pieces anywhere. With light patterned tiles on the flooring and comfortable touches such as a light brown area rug highlighting a neutral sofa and love seat and one glass end table, the comfy look is completed with neutral beige pillows and throws.
Whatever look you want your living room to reflect, make it your own. Use your imagination and the resources you have at your disposal to help you achieve your dream room!!! Whether you have a small or large living room, lighting will always be key! Open up the curtains and let the light in or add another light fixture to the room.
Information Supplied by
Tara Savelle, CSP
Canadian Staging Professional
Home On Display
Ottawa, ON, April 15, 2014 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged up on a month-over-month basis in March 2014.
National home sales rose 1.0% from February to March.
Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.9% above March 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.5% from February to March.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 6.0% on a year-over-year basis in March.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.2% year-over-year in March.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations edged up one per cent from February to March 2014. This builds on the monthly gain of 0.6 per cent the previous month, but leaves activity closer to the low reached in January 2014 than to the most recent peak reached in August 2013.
Regardless of the time of year, there are always buyers on the hunt for a home of their own. Take advantage of the drop in temperature to improve your home’s marketability by enhancing its warm and cozy ambiance.
Click Here for Full Article: How to Sell Your Home This Winter
If you’ve been on the fence about buying a home or selling your current one, what are you waiting for? The Canadian housing market is stable, and the majority of Canadians say that real estate is a good long-term investment.2 Although interest rates have been slowly creeping up, they’re still well below historical levels. And while home values are increasing, they’re still considered affordable. So, why wait? Here are the top reasons why now is a great time to buy or sell:
Click here for full Article: Why NOW is the Time to Enter the Housing Market
Relationships are more important than transactions. You may have noticed that many real estate agents take a transactional approach to sales—identifying clients, closing the deal, and then moving on to the next one. I choose not to work that way because I believe you deserve more from the professional you decide to work with. That’s why I work by referral. Since my primary source of new business is referrals from people who know and trust me, I don’t have to spend time prospecting and promoting myself. I can dedicate myself fully to the activities that benefit you most and always deliver truly exceptional service.
Click Here for Full Article: Why I work by Referral