This would make a great Home Made Gift
- 1. c. quick oats
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- c. chopped nuts (optional)
- 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- c. chocolate, butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- tsp. baking soda
- tsp. ground cinnamon
- tsp. salt
1. Pour quick oats into a mason jar.
2. Add brown sugar, pressing firmly, and then top with your choice of nuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour into mason jar, seal and add recipe below, printed on a decorative label.
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, beat together . c. softened butter or margarine, a large egg and . tsp. vanilla extract.
3. Add contents of mason jar, mix well, and then drop rounded teaspoons of cookie mixture onto ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes about two dozen cookies.