There are some things a seller should never say.
- Our home shows to perfection. A home inspection may reveal otherwise. Perfect condition is in the eye of the beholder.
- How long your home has been on the market.
- We’ve never had a problem with water seepage, electrical, noisy neighbour’s, or other deficiencies that a knowledgeable person may discover. However small it may be to you, it may pose a huge problem to the buyer.
- Don’t be tempted to say that you wanted to renovate or make changes to the home. It sends the wrong message and adds $$$ signs ideas to potential buyers.
- Don’t say how much $$$ you spent on such items as the kitchen, windows etc. The Buyer doesn’t care. Do say what upgrades or improvements that were done and when you did them,
- Don’t say anything to the Buyer about price. We all know you want top dollar for your home, but remember its important to be realistic and flexible. It’s not always about price.