We’ve started the weekend on Thursday, Dec. 31 to dovetail with some fun New Year’s Eve activities. So, there are still plenty of things to do in Durham in the last days of 2015 and the start of 2016.
1. Come join us at the 420 Wing on New Years Eve at the South end of the Oshawa Airport off Stephenson Rd North. Tickets available at the door for only $15.00 . The Shades of Grey will be playing till just after midnight. Doors open at 6pm, Pot Luck Dinner begins at 7pm. (Please Bring Food Item)
2. There’s a New Year’s Eve Games night in Uxbridge on Thursday, Dec. 31, with the doors opening at 7 p.m. It’s at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 59 Toronto St. S. Drop by for a short time or ring in the New Year. Board games, card games and Wii or bring your favourite game to play with others. Refreshments will be served. And, it’s a free event.
3. If partying is your thing, you can spend New Year’s Eve at the Old Flame Brewery in Port Perry. It’s at 135 Perry S., Scugog. from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Ring in 2016 with award-winning beer, wine, champagne, and food catered by Harp and Wylies. Four food stations. Ticket price includes entrance and food. Call 289-485-2739 to book tickets. Limited to 100 tickets.
4. Free family skating and hot chocolate — now there’s some Canadiana. It’s part of Durham MP Erin O’Toole’s New Year’s Levee in Clarington and Oshawa. The Oshawa event is on Saturday, Jan. 2 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Legends Centre, 1661 Harmony Rd. N.
MP O’Toole’s Clarington event is on Sunday, Jan. 3 at the Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Centre, 2440 Hwy. 2, Bowmanville, from 1:30 to 3:15 p.m. An RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-436-1141 is appreciated.
5. Scugog Council For The Arts Gallery, 181 Perry Street, Unit G-1, Scugog, is hosting an opening reception for Scugog Shores Fibre Artists’ exhibit entitled ‘The Warmth of Fibre’ on Saturday, Jan. 2 from 1 to 3 p.m. It’s on display for the month of January. See what inspires the fibre artists to provide cozy and comfy, unique selections of items for body and home. The SCA Gallery is open Tuesdays to Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.
6. Families can have some fun at the Happy Feet Penguins Indoor Bubble Dance Party on Saturday, Jan. 2 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. It’s at the Jess Hann Branch of the Oshawa Public Library, 199 Wentworth St. W., Oshawa. Bumbling Bert is bringing the biggest, best, bubbliest bubbles and the best songs to fill the crisp winter air. Tumble around the floor like snowflakes floating from the sky. Shake it like a jingle bell. Register through thewebsite if you wish to attend.