Ottawa, ON, October 15, 2014 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity in September 2014 was down from the previous month.
• National home sales fell 1.4% from August to September.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10.6% above September 2013 levels.
• The number of newly listed homes declined by 1.6% from August to September.
• The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% year-over-year in September.
• The national average sale price rose 5.9% on a year-over-year basis in September.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate
Boards and Associations fell by 1.4 per cent on a month-over-month basis in September 2014, marking the first monthly decline since January of this year.