Its That Time of Year Again. Help Prepare Your Child For Back To School
- Re-establish school routines by helping the kids get up and dressed at the same time every morning.
- Eat meals and snacks around the same time as when the kids are in school.
- Try and get the kids out the door around the same time as during the school year. Try going to the park, or go for a walk so that they are used to being ready to leave for the bus or walk to school. Don’t forget to re-establish bedtime routines again.
- Nurture Independence by having your child organize their school backpack, practice writing your child’s name and tying shoe laces
- Designate a place where school things like backpacks and lunch boxes go to avoid last minute morning rushes.
- Setup time and place to do homework.
- Plan after school activities or programs
- Lineup someone to care for the child if he or she is ill.
- Meet the child’s teacher and about their approach to Homework.
- Sit down with your child and create a schedule for homework, TV Time, Video, Playtime and Bedtime Routine.
If you are new to the Durham Region, click on the link below for information on schools in your area.