Inside Your Home
- Check for drafts around the windows and doors and seal where necessary.
- Have furnace cleaned and inspected by an HVAC Professional. We have several people we can recommend.
- Turn off the breaker for your central air conditioning unit – this saves about $50 per year!
- Adjust your programmable thermostat. Buy one if you don’t already have one.
- Check your smoke detectors and CO detectors and make sure that they are in good working order.
- Clean the humidifier on your furnace, vinegar works well for this and don’t forget the glass inside your gas fireplace.
- Clean the shed and make room for outside furniture.
- If you have a pool and you’re thinking about selling during the winter months, have it professionally closed and keep your receipt.
- Clean and empty fuel from lawn mower.
- Service snow blower and get new gas ready. If this year is anything like last year, you’ll want it ready!
- Clean and organize the garage.
- Find ice scrapers for cars and rubber floor mats.
- Dig out snow shovels.
- Visually inspect your shingles and clean your gutters.
- Check and clean wood burning fireplace or stove, or hire a WETT certified professional.
- Turn off exterior faucets and unplug water hose.
- If you have in-ground sprinklers, don’t forget to drain the system and have it checked. You don’t want the water pipes to freeze.
- Bring in flowerpots.
- Plant spring bulbs.
- Rake and compost the leaves from your lawn and apply fall fertilizer on your yard.
If you need help with any of these chores, call us and we can recommend someone to help.