Ottawa, ON, July 15, 2014- According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged up almost one per cent on a month-over-month basis in June 2014.
- National home sales rose 0.8% from May to June.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 11.2% above June 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed from May to June.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 6.9% on a year-over-year basis in June.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.4% year-over-year in June.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 0.8 per cent on a month-over-month basis in June 2014, marking the fifth consecutive monthly increase and the highest level for sales since March 2010.